Habibia Soofie Madressa announces that its 2019 applications for all new learners is currently open until the 31 January 2019.
Learners over the age of 6 years will be accepted. Please apply early to avoid disappointment, as space is limited.
All classes are conducted by male educators for the male learners, with accommodation for female learners being provided by female educators.
The Madressa curriculum includes the following subjects:
- The recitation and memorisation of the Holy Qur’ān;
- Tajwīd studies, memorisation skills and etiquette;
- Commentary on selected chapters of the Holy Qur’ān;
- Supplications and invocations for daily usage and for occasions;
- Islamic manners and interaction;
- Fiqh of devotions and worship;
- The Prophetic biography, Islamic history and Islam in South Africa; and
- Conversational Arabic and Arabic writing skills.
For the application form, and for more information, please see our prospectus.
Madressa hours: Mondays - Thursdays, 15h30 - 18h45.
The Habibia Soofie Madressa is the only Madressa affiliated to the Habibia Soofie Masjid, Cape Town.